Thursday, November 12, 2009

All I Really Want For Christmas

"All I Really Want For Christmas" by Steven Curtis Chapman is one of my favorite non-hymn Christmas songs. I have been listening to it on repeat for a few weeks now. It is such a sweet song about a child who just wants a family for Christmas. He can think of many things that he would want, but this is a need. This is what he needs for Christmas. I can't listen to the song without tears welling up in my eyes. It is a true song. There are many children who will spend this Christmas without a family. Here is a link to the song. May God use it to make your heart break for the orphan this Christmas, and be compelled to love orphans, too.

You can watch the video on YouTube here. I couldn't figure out how to post it on the blog from YouTube. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to tell me how!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the Lord be please to let me adopt, when that time comes. Thanks for posting this, it's a good reminder, and a sweet song.

whitney said...

I love this song, too! The first time I heard it was just before we got Piper, so it's really special to me. Makes me cry every time:)

Courtney Reissig said...

Scott,
Thanks for your comment. My husband and I, Lord willing, look forward to possibly adopting someday.

Whitney,
The song makes me cry every time too. Especially the line when he says "the greatest gift on earth, would be a mom." Oh, it gets me every time.