Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just One of The Many Reasons...

...I love the Jesus Storybook Bible! I am currently serving as the children's church director at my church. Which basically means I plan the schedule and pick the curriculum, which I love to do! At our church we want everyone to love their Bibles, including children. What better way than to take them through the entire Bible, right? So I prepare questions for the teachers to ask the kids after the story. Usually they are related to the details of the story, but I try to include heart related questions to help them think through applying Scripture to their own lives. I usually finish reading the stories wanting more. I love, love, love them. They are so Christ-centered and true. And it captures the entire story of God's redemptive plan in easy-to-understand language for kids. Our story this week is about Jonah. So here is one of the many reasons I love this Bible (and hope you do to!).

"Many years later, God was going to send another Messenger with the same wonderful message. Like Jonah, he would spend three days in utter darkness. But this Messenger would be God's own Son. He would be called 'The Word' because he himself would be God's Message. God's Message translated into our own language. Everything God wanted to say to the whole world - in a Person. "

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so crazy about TJSB that I want to buy one right now! The kids I watch have one and LOVE to read from it. All of my friends' children have them. I pray some day we'll have little ones to read it, too.

Courtney Reissig said...

I pray the same thing for us, Chelsea. I love reading it to and would love to pass it on to children of our own.