Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hope for Monday (And Everyday!)

Yesterday I was reading a chapter in War of Words: Getting to The Heart of Your Communication Struggles and this paragraph struck me. It gave me hope. I hope it does for you too.


"In the Word we find hope for our words. This hope is not a dreamy wish or an unfounded expectation. No, biblical hope is nothing less than a confident expectation of a guaranteed result. In him we can win the war of words. We do not have to settle for bitter, angry, destructive, divisive communication. We can have high standards and set lofty goals, not because of who we are, but because of what he has done. So we refuse to settle for the status quo, to let the creeping cynicism of hopelessness cause us to give up in the face of struggle. No, we live and speak with faith and courage, believing that something better can be achieved because of what he has done."


As I start my week, I have hope for change and growth because God has, and will continue to, conform me into the image of his Son.

No comments: