Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday is for Food and Fotos



Today starts a new thing on the blog and it is going to be Food Friday and/or Foto Friday. Depending on what is going on that day, I will post a new recipe I have tried (and there are many for this novice housewife!) or a picture that captures what has been happening in our life here in Louisville. Today you get both!

We had a cookout at work a few weeks ago and I needed to make a dessert. I happened to have some fresh strawberries and blackberries in the fridge, so I thought I would try this delicious Berry Crumb that my mom makes a lot!


Berry Crumb: by Deb Tarter

Ingredients:

3 cups of fresh or frozen berries (12 or 16 oz package frozen)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/3 cup of softened butter
1/2 cup of flour
2/3 cup of quick cooking oats
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt


Directions:

Preheat oven to 375

Spread berries in a square 8 x 8 baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix remaining ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkly evenly over berries. Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown in oven

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and enjoy the goodness!

2 comments:

Rachel H. said...

This is such a great idea! I'm excited about this! I love finding new recipes. This one looks reeeeal good. :D

Courtney Reissig said...

It is so good, Rachel!! I hope you like it!