Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday is for Food: Greek Chicken Pasta Salad

I love everything about summer. The weather, the longer days, and especially the food! Summer is great for cold dishes. I found this recipe a few years ago and now I have no idea where I got it! It has sort of morphed into my own creation over these years, so I am not even sure how accurate it is to the original. Daniel and I really enjoy it and it is super easy. It also works well as a potluck dish. And you know how us church-folk love potlucks (or at least the Reissig's do!).

Greek Chicken Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
4 large chicken breasts
1 box of bow tie pasta (cooked)
1 package of feta cheese
4 Roma tomatoes (quartered)
1 jar artichoke hearts (if desired)
Capers (if desired)
1 green pepper, chopped
Kraft Greek dressing
Lemon pepper seasoning

Recipe:
Season chicken breast with lemon pepper
Cook chicken breast and chop

Mix cooked pasta, chicken, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, green pepper, and feta cheese in a large bowl. Add Greek dressing to moisten as needed

Refrigerate overnight or for 2 to 3 hours

Serve cold

3 comments:

Emily Tarter said...

Mmmm, sounds yummy!! I miss you friend. :(

Courtney Reissig said...

It is yummy! I miss you, too!! We should talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try this!! Maybe when Em's Mom and sister come for lunch next week!:)