Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday is For Food: Easy Beef Enchiladas

To say that I love Mexican food is an understatement. If I could eat it every day I would. I. Love. It! So I am always looking for new Mexican food recipes. Kraft has a really easy and yummy beef enchilada recipe that I tried out last year and plan on trying out again this month.

Beef Enchiladas

What you need:
  • 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef (I don't use extra lean unless it's on sale)
  • 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
  • 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
  • 2 cups of salsa divided (to make it extra yummy, use The Pioneer Woman's salsa)
  • 1 cup Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided (store brand is fine)
  • 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
  • 8 six inch corn tortillas (I think flour would be easier, but I haven't tried them yet)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

How to make it:

  • Heat oven to 400 degrees
  • Brown meat with peppers in large nonstick skillet. Stir in 1 cup of salsa; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup of cheese.
  • Spread 1/4 cup of remaining salsa onto bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish. Brush dressing lightly over both sides of tortillas.
  • Stack 4 tortillas; wrapped in wax paper. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, or until warmed.
  • Spoon 1/3 cup of meat mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up
  • Place, seam sides down, over salsa in dish. Repeat.
  • Top with remaining salsa. Cover.
  • Bake 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until melted. Top with cilantro.

Enjoy!

No comments: