Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday is for Food: Grilled Baby Back Ribs

I've never made ribs before, so I was really nervous to try them. But my husband loves ribs. So when I found them on sale at the store I snatched them up and decided to put my fears to rest. How hard can it be? Well, not too hard at all actually. We are house/dog sitting this week and the house we are staying in has a grill. This is a very welcome treat for little apartment dwellers like us. So I saved the ribs for this week. I looked around on the internet and in my cookbooks for the different ways ribs can be made. After gathering some information I decided to be brave and create my own recipe taking a little bit from each recipe I read. And much to my surprise it actually turned out pretty well. So for all you ribs lovers out there, this one's for you.

Grilled Baby Back Ribs

What you need:

-2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
-1/2 cup of brown sugar (add a little more for consistency if needed)
-1/4 cup of ketchup
-Dash of red wine vinegar
-2 tablespoons of steaksauce
-1 tablespoon of liquid smoke
-dash of paprika and cayenne pepper
-Full rack of baby back ribs

How It's Made:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a small bowl mix all of the sauce ingredients together. Add more brown sugar if the sauce is too runny.
-Cut ribs in half (along the bone) and lay meaty side up in a 9x13 pan
-Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the ribs. Flip the ribs over and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
-Bake for 1 hour
-Preheat outdoor grill to and set at medium-high heat
-Remove cooked ribs from the oven (the meat should be pulling away from the bone) and place on the grill.
-Cook for 10-15 minutes, adding the remaining sauce at the end.

Happy Friday!

No comments: