Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday is for Food: Black Bean Enchiladas

This recipe is an adaptation of another enchilada recipe I really like. Daniel's brother and sister-in-law came to stay with us last weekend, and since my sister-in-law is a vegetarian I wanted to make something that we would all enjoy. Since I was making the beef enchiladas, I decided to try the same thing with the black beans, and it worked! I LOVE black beans, so I will definitely be trying this again.

What you need:

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed (I use the organic ones from Kroger)
1 can of diced green chile's
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
Salsa (I almost always have this salsa on hand)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
Italian dressing
8 corn tortillas

How to make it:

Preheat oven to 375

Heat black beans, onion, green peppers, green chile's, and 1/2 cup of salsa (or enough to moisten the beans) in a large skillet. Once the vegetables are softened add 1 cup of cheese. Once the cheese is melted remove from heat.

Brush the corn tortillas with a little Italian dressing, cover with wax paper, and microwave for 30 seconds. Scoop the bean mixture into the tortilla and roll in a 9x13 baking dish. Complete the tortillas. Top with enough salsa to cover and bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 2-3 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

No comments: